Aim - A long-term trial to assess how wheat responds to N and P fertilizer applications after gypsum and lime application with and without incorporation
- 60 kg/ha of N and 12 kg/ha P optimised yield under these conditions
- Nitrogen response was significantly limited without the application of P
Table 1. Soil Test Results
Growing season rainfall at Perenjori was average, receiving just over the average in total and wetter than average June and July.
A factorial trial design that included three rates of nitrogen, 0, 25, 50 kg N/ha, and four rates of phosphorus, 0, 4, 8 and 12 kg P/ha with lime surface applied or incorporated and compared to gypsum.
Figure 1. Yield response to N and P rates with and without lime and gypsum.
- Significant yield response to N & P rates (P<0.05)
- Significant yield differences between lime treatments
- The highest yields were generated from 60 kg/ha N and 12 kg/ha P