Summit Fertilizers commenced in 1989 when a cargo of 5,000 tonnes of DAP was brought into leased premises at Kwinana.
Summit have grown from their early days as an importer, to having a manufacturing base with a range of innovative products and services. Summit have led change in the industry, and this is demonstrated in the innovations that Summit have introduced to the WA market.
- World class blending and despatch facilities were introduced. These facilities, allow farmers to custom blend the precise balance of nutrients required for their enterprise.
- Soil and plant analysis service introduced.
- DAPSZC, MAPSZC These were the first high analysis cropping fertilizer to contain sulphur and trace elements in every granule.
- VIGOUR the first broad acre compound trace element NPK in WA
- PASTURE fertilizers introduced these were the first alternative pasture fertilizers to traditional Superphosphate in WA
- Compacting plant installed enable conversion of poor quality Sulphate of Ammonia by product to be converted to high value top dressing product suitable for blend in with urea to produce any ratio of N:S.
- Fungicide coating of fertilizer introduced, another first for a WA fertilizer supplier.
- No Till & No Till Manganese fertilizers to satisfy the high nutrient requirements of minimum tillage seeding.
- Maxam introduced – a high quality granular SOA suitable for blending and use through all seeding machinery.
- AllStar a perfectly balanced compound NPS and trace element fertilizer
- MaxamFLO introduced - the first N:S liquid fertilizer in WA
- ZincStar introduced –a high zinc product to cater for low zinc or high pH soils
- Manufacturing facilities for UAN production built.
- GUSTO – a high analysis, compound trace element, sulphate of potash based NPK.
- Satellite biomass imagery available at up to two weekly intervals across the agricultural region.
- SummitConnect introduced – the first internet access to orders, despatch summaries and tax invoices for fertilizer customers in WA
- Summit Nitrogen Calculator app provides nitrogen conversions for all Summit nitrogen products
- Fuel Gauge system – nitrogen rich strips to guide nitrogen application decisions in-season.
- Reformulated Vigour with increased nitrogen and phosphorus contents.
- Enhanced coating technology extended to include trace element products.
- Dedicated Field Research team formed to drive technical capability and enhance value for customers purchasing their fertilizer from Summit.